Knowledge of heat treatment (annealing, normalizing, quenching, tempering, tempering treatment, surface heat treatment)
Knowledge of Heat Treatment (Annealing, normalizing, quenching, tempering, tempering treatment, surface heat treatment)
Heat treatment is the process of changing the structure and properties of metallic materials by heating, insulating and cooling them in a solid state.
Annealing: a heat treatment process in which materials or parts of a metal or alloy are heated to phase change or partial phase change temperature, held for a period of time, and then slowly cooled.
2. Normalizing: a heat treatment process in which steel is heated to a temperature above the complete phase transition and then cooled in the air after holding the steel for a certain period of time.
3. Quenching: the heat treatment process of heating the steel to phase change or partial phase change temperature, holding the steel for a period of time and then rapidly cooling it.
4. Tempering: heat treatment process in which the hardened steel is reheated to a certain temperature (below phase change temperature), retained for a period of time, and then cooled.
5. Tempering treatment: steel parts are quenched and then tempered at high temperature. This composite process is called tempering treatment.
6. Surface heat treatment: heat treatment process to change the surface structure or chemical composition of steel parts, and to change the surface properties of steel parts.
TAG:   Annealing quenching tempering